The Lafayette large anthropometer is useful in study of human engineering through the analysis of proportion and is a key feature in childhood growth and development studies and also has a wider application in the bio-mechanical analysis of sports athletes.
Used to measure:
- Thigh length
- Calf length
- Shoulder to Elbow length
- Elbow to wrist length
- Forearm to Hand length
- Hand length
- Shoulder width (Biacromial breadth)
- Chest Breadth
- Chest Depth
- Hip width (Bi-iliac breadth)
- Knee breadth
- Ankle breadth
- Elbow breadth
- Wrist breadth
The Lafayette large anthropometer has a measurement range of up to 60cm in 0.1cm increments; features a spring-loaded ball bearing mechanism in a sliding C-shaped arm for accuracy and precision and is constructed from aluminium.
The Lafayette Small Anthropometric Caliper is also available.
- Aluminium Construction: tough and durable
- Spring-loaded ball bearing mechanism: ensures precise and accurate measurement
- Analysis of growth and development in children – meets Clinical Paediatric Study specifications
- Analysis of performance and physiological development in sports athletes – utilised in the study of bio-mechanics, particularly with young sports athletes
Maximum Range: 60cm
Measurement Range: 0.1cm increments